Dr. Mary Szatkowski
Chicago, IL OphthalmologistDr. Mary Szatowski, MD
Dr. Mary Szatkowski, earned her medical doctorate from the Loyola Stritch School of Medicine. Her post-doctoral training included an internal medicine internship at the Loyola University/Hines Veteran Administration Hospital in Illinois. Her ophthalmology training was at the prestigious Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami, Florida, where she was the first woman to be accepted into their residency program. Fellowship training in oculoplastic surgery was completed at the University of San Diego, California.
Dr. Szatkowski is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO). She has published abstracts, participated in research studies, and is a Professor of Ophthalmology and instructor at the Rush Medical School.
Dr. Szatkowski's professional memberships include:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Association of Research Vision
- International Academy of Sport Vision
- Illinois State Ophthalmologic Society
- Chicago Ophthalmologic Society (COS)
- American College of Surgeons